"Every planet has its own weird customs. About a year before we met, I spent six weeks on a moon where the principal form of recreation was juggling geese. My hand to God. Baby geese - goslings! They were juggled."

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dental clearance!

Like others I've read about, I check my email first thing in the morning to see if I have an email from Peace Corps regarding my Toolkit. For the past 21 days I've been waiting eagerly for just an update saying my medical information arrived, which seemed way longer than anyone else.

The past two nights I've been having dreams about waking up and seeing the update - this is how much these applications get to us. But today the dream came true, and not only has my application officially arrived, but I also received dental clearance. I whooped for joy and jumped out of bed, ran around the house looking for someone to tell. But dad is in Indiana on a business trip, and mom is bizarrely missing. Really missing. Usually back by 10 a.m., it's now 2 p.m. and her phone is off.



Oops, here she is. Beckoned by the frantic barking of their half chihuahua, half dachshund. Job interview, looking angry. Guess I have to just be happy for myself. I just told her excitedly and got a "Oh, good. Sorry, I'm not excited about anything right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment