"Every planet has its own weird customs. About a year before we met, I spent six weeks on a moon where the principal form of recreation was juggling geese. My hand to God. Baby geese - goslings! They were juggled."

Friday, December 23, 2011

How I don't wake up in the States

So it's boreal winter up here in the northern hemisphere... meaning hardly any daylight compared with my usual 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. ecuatorial light. In Ecuador I wake up early to all kinds of things - donkies, roosters, Quichua women congregating in my yard roasting llamas, parades, fireworks, airhorns, you name it. In the U.S., my room is relatively peaceful and the window faces west. So whatever sunlight does escape through this thick mantle of gray blah doesn't reach my room, and thus I don't wake up.

But I'm not complaining. I could use a break from this:



No comments:

Post a Comment