"Every planet has its own weird customs. About a year before we met, I spent six weeks on a moon where the principal form of recreation was juggling geese. My hand to God. Baby geese - goslings! They were juggled."

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Waiting for bread to rise

One of the most exciting parts of being here in the States is having an oven. Though I've been told it doesn't work so well nowadays and makes a huge "thump" noise starting up. But taking on faith that it will bake, I decided to make 3 loaves of honey wheat bread super late into the night so I we have fresh stuff in the morning. And I think bread-making will melt into homemade cinnamon roll making.

...seriously, yum.

Not too bad. Reading a book, warm, in pajamas; I could get used to this.


First picture on the new camera with the new hat that actually fits.


Rocky, my parents' puppy. Their ugly but sweetheart puppy. That ate something and had to go to the animal ER overnight two days ago. The next night I had to watch him for 4 hours, during which he peed on the wall and the couch, prompting me to send my mom cryptically tautological pleads in texts such as "BAD DOG IS BEING BAD."


Gizmo, my parents' other dog, gives some love. Sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment