"Every planet has its own weird customs. About a year before we met, I spent six weeks on a moon where the principal form of recreation was juggling geese. My hand to God. Baby geese - goslings! They were juggled."

Monday, May 10, 2010

Thesis woes

I spent this weekend oscillating between being sure I'll accept the independent study option just to end this all, and being slightly sure I can manage thesis edits according to schedule. Honestly I'm not sure what only have an IS versus a thesis would mean for me. Would it change how potential employers see me? Would it be an issue if and when I ever decide to go back to school? I'm facing solid deadlines now, though. 18 June is the close of summer registration, the latest I can get my thesis materials in. My committee requires a new version three weeks prior to that day, which is 25 May.

It's making me miserable. But I know, either way, when it's all over, I'll be a better, happier person.

Despite feeling horrible about how my graduate life will finally end, I really enjoyed just relaxing in the cabin. I wrapped up Breaking Dawn (no laughing, it was actually a great book that my former roomie had me read), Under the Banner of Heaven (which was totally enlightening, personally), and began A Walk Across America (I read Jenkins' Looking for Alaska and really enjoyed that one).

I really want to jump fully into this Denali work - but the thesis needs to be out of the way. Once it is, I'm anticipating being actively involved with the Denali project beyond the regular work hours. The more I research what I'll be doing, the more enthusiastic I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment