"Every planet has its own weird customs. About a year before we met, I spent six weeks on a moon where the principal form of recreation was juggling geese. My hand to God. Baby geese - goslings! They were juggled."

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cinnamon buns, veganized

One of my favorite hobbies is cooking and baking veganized recipes. I love the challenge of making food without animal products taste even better than their original versions (and I love even more seeing the happy stuffed faces that consume the results).

So. this first day of the year, I decided to pull out a recipe that's been hiding in my bookmarks list for quite a while. Presenting, Perfect Cinnamon Buns! And oh yes, they are perfect. PERFECT. Since diving into the art of bread making, I'm not longer afraid of making yeast breads. This recipe isn't even difficult, it's just time consuming. And it takes a LOT of vegan butter/margarine. It's sort of disgusting. I'll make them once more before I leave for Ecuador, and I'll be cutting the butter almost in half.

The tasty results (and picture #1 of the 365 project):


...half were gone that night, and the rest in the morning. Yuuuuuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment