"Every planet has its own weird customs. About a year before we met, I spent six weeks on a moon where the principal form of recreation was juggling geese. My hand to God. Baby geese - goslings! They were juggled."

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What's left to do? Just about everything.

COUNTDOWN: 8 days to departure

Mom, dad, and I had lunch with my aunt (dad's sister) at a place called Cafe Roma in Elgin where I got my favorite sandwich of all time - a caprese. Except whatever's inside a caprese sandwich will always end up outside on the first bite. Aside from the insideout sandwich, it was so great seeing my aunt!

On the way home, I asked to be dropped off at the bank (four blocks from my house) so I could put a note on my account and debit card about where I'm going to be living. The bank teller asked where in Ecuador I'll be, and I mentioned our training city. And then my mind was blown - her daughter served in Ecuador in the Peace Corps. I keep wondering how these strange coincidences keep happening to me. She might be wondering the same thing?


Yesterday, three very large white tailed deer hung out in the backyard for most of the day. They slept under the pine tree overnight to escape the snow, so they weren't more than 30-40 feet away most of the time




And my remaining 'to-do' list for your own amusement:

-Return library materials
-Half.com/eBay accounts on vacation (so no one buys things while I'm gone)
-Reduce car insurance on January 31 (no driving in a few days, sad!)
-Loan deferment paperwork (mostly done)
-Get Skype working at home, get camera for home computer (working on 1/2 computers)
-Type out list of passwords (mostly done)
-Create photo 'factory' to make my business easier on parents (this is going to be a pain)
-Designate power of attorney (pretty much done)
-Create USB of backup programs, drivers, etc. (not started...)
-Clean up laptop, desktop, hard drives (half started on both computers)
-Clean car, oil change, detail (Wednesday...? Friday?)
-Print out pictures to show and give (haven't picked them out yet)
-Clean lap top hardware (keyboard and screen = ick)
-Get PC set with Sallie Mae loan disbursement (??? called a few times and still no help)
-Launder sleeping bag and down coat
-Get Firefly DVDs and book to Laurie to Chuck
-Check and reply to geocaching answers
-Put South America caches in GPS
-Clean hiking boots
-Make a list of Colombia, Peru, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Venezuela geocaches
-Update iPod
-Finish Denali stuff (to wrap up internship in Alaska) & mail them package
-Clean room
-Buy remaining things (mainly a duffel bag and vegan marshmallows)
-Probably a billion more things to do that I just haven't thought of writing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment