"Every planet has its own weird customs. About a year before we met, I spent six weeks on a moon where the principal form of recreation was juggling geese. My hand to God. Baby geese - goslings! They were juggled."

Monday, January 2, 2012

Packing...again...for Ecuador

I spent the day trying to stuff as much stuff as possible into a couple bags, wondering how I ended up bringing so much to Ecuador...again. Most things are finite - candles, books, candy and food, painting supplies that might be difficult to find elsewhere...but wow, is it a lot more space and weight than I remotely wanted to carry back to my site. It's going to be like swear-in day all over again.

I made this video of my experience as a visitor to the U.S., made to the background song aboard a trackless mall train...



And then, keeping up with the 365 Project, here are a couple shots from today:

My giant pile of stuff to drag to Ecuador - my priorities are illustrated: climbing, knitting, reading.

Went geocaching with dad this afternoon and found this ape pencil cling. Score.

4 comments:

  1. awesome geocache find! i only got a broken poker chip from reno and a shiny marble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, right?! My dad loves it. Seems like swag is generally pretty awful unless you get super lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE geocaching! that looks like a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I'm obsessed with it. Shame there aren't more in Ecuador :/

    ReplyDelete