"Every planet has its own weird customs. About a year before we met, I spent six weeks on a moon where the principal form of recreation was juggling geese. My hand to God. Baby geese - goslings! They were juggled."

Friday, January 13, 2012

Room: painted

I never thought I'd be so covered in paint.

But my project of improving my room is continuing nicely. On Tuesday I finished coating the dark perwinkle blue walls with white primer (2-3 layers!) and began painting over that with the final color, a light yellow. It comes out of the can a dark canary-yellow and stays that way on the wall for hours until it dries and lightens up dramatically.

I can see the difference in lighting now, especially in the morning. My room is radiantly bright compared to how it was with dark blue walls. It feels bigger - maybe even warmer.

I finished painting the entire place on Wednesday morning, let it dry all day, and began moving things back in place. It is AMAZING. Not such great photos to offer you, but here they are:

BEFORE:


AFTER:

No comments:

Post a Comment