"Every planet has its own weird customs. About a year before we met, I spent six weeks on a moon where the principal form of recreation was juggling geese. My hand to God. Baby geese - goslings! They were juggled."

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions and the 365 project

It's my first time ever making resolutions, and I tend to be a more tangible goal setter...so most of my resolutions are measurable.

1. Start a Brigada Verde with the youth in my community (and focus on self-esteem and culture - music, language, traditions)

2. Communicate regularly with counterparts whether they like it or not.

3. Begin working on the other side of the river.

4. Hike to other communities and offer help (Alao Maguasu and Llullullis especially).

5. Make a sincere effort to learn Quichua.

6. Climb hard and climb safely.

7. Attempt to climb Cotopaxi, Chimborazo, and Cayambe.

8. Try out environmental education programs in Yaruquies, Pungala, and Licto.

9. Buy a water tank and keep boiled water available upstairs at all times.

10. Practice breathing exercises daily to improve O2 saturation and lung capacity; 15-30 minutes minimum.

11. Have a plan of what I want to do after Peace Corps by the end of the year.

12. Carry a bottle of water everywhere instead of buying one.

13. Eat better.

14. Bring bags to grocery stores for shopping.

15. Make recycled crafts as soon as possible and show them to the women's group. Announce a craft day and time and stick to it.

16. Visit more volunteers' sites - maybe every other month.

17. Assume the best in people.

18. But don't be disappointed when they let you down.

19. Take multi-vitamins daily - at least B12.

20. Take a picture a day (365 project) and post them here when I can. Proba
bly 6 or 7 pics on Saturdays. So here it goes:

First picture of the year: a smattering of luxury - Breckenridge Christmas Ale, soy eggnog, billions of nice-smelling candles, and knitting a sock


Rocky didn't quite make it to midnight

My folks doing their thing as the TV celebrates 2012

Another shot of luxury: Breakfast at 'Egg Harbor' with my aunt Susie. I forgot to take a picture of my Belgian waffle... but... there it is. With Intelligentsia coffee... and hash browns. Goodbye U.S....

A teeny tiny puzzle completed today in an hour

No comments:

Post a Comment